DON BOSCO MISSION OFFICE IN CANADA
Don Bosco dreamt about the missions.
People still awaiting the Gospel message were the special object of Don Bosco’s concern and apostolic effort. He sent his first Salesian missionaries to Argentina in 1875. From there they spread throughout South America. His spiritual sons and daughters today serve youth in nearly 130 countries in the 5 continents, thus prolonging the “mission dreams” of their father and founder.
Don Bosco Missions supports Salesian missionaries worldwide. The Salesian Missionaries are comprised of Priests, Brothers and Sisters who care for the disadvantaged youth in developing countries. The missionaries provide education, job training and constructive recreational activities. They help young people achieve intellectual, emotional and spiritual maturity, thus becoming self-sufficient, contributing members of society, with Christian values and good social skills.
Specific characteristics of the work
• Financing different projects in response to missionaries’ needs (ex: irrigation projects, construction of classrooms, help to lepers, orphanages, dispensaries and hospitals, etc).
• Setting up projects for young people who want to live a missionary experience.
• Accepting offerings for Masses to be celebrated in foreign Salesian missions or in Canada.
Sacred Heart Association: both living and deceased can be enrolled in this association for whose members Masses are celebrated. These members are united in the prayer & apostolic work of the Salesians throughout the world. The suggested offering is $15.00, which offering allows young people to study for the priesthood & religious life. A beautiful leatherette certificate is sent to the donor. The names of the persons registered are sent to the Salesian Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Rome, where a Mass is celebrated every day for them.
Don Bosco Missions is a registered charitable organization authorized by the Canadian government to issue income tax receipts. It keeps contact with dozens of missionaries throughout the world and serves as a bridge between the generosity of people here and the crying necessities of people in developing countries.
Each year, we publish a beautiful Salesian calendar; it is sent as a gift to our benefactors. You can also request it.
HOW TO HELP OUR MISSIONARIES
- By offering your daily prayers
Mass intentions for the missions They can also be celebrated in Canada.:
- offering of $10.00 for one Mass
- offering of $250.00 for 30 “Gregorian Masses”
- Scholarships for young seminarians
- Will legacy, you can help the missionaries even beyond this life. Include the Don Bosco Mission Office as part of your will.
- Enrol your family, both living and deceased, in the Sacred Heart Association.
- Make a donation for the various missionary projects worldwide.
For more information contact us.
Director: Rev. Luc P. Lantagne, SDB
Office Administrator: Mattia Guarraggi
Financial Administrator: Sandra Lamberti
Don Bosco Missions
11991 Pierre Baillargeon Street
Montreal Québec H1E 2E5
Click on the button below, to make a donation!